Registration & Information
When: Saturday, October 13, 2018
Where: Ankeny Centennial H. S. Cross Country Course 2220 NW State St, Ankeny, IA 50023
Ankeny Centennial H.S. – $5.00 per car
To relieve parking congestion, we are asking that all 7th grade 4A racers enter the parking lot via the 18th Street entrance south of the school. We also would like our 7th grade 2A/1A racers to enter the parking lot via the 18th Street entrance south of the school. Buses should enter the SW entrance for the building via 18th Street, unload, and then turn around in the circle drive. They should then proceed to leave the parking lot, turn left on 18th Street, left on State Street, then left on 36th Street where they can park at Rock Creek Elementary School (3800 NW Abilene Rd). All other participants should enter parking lots via east entrances along State Street. Directions on how to get to ACHS are included later on this page.
Distance: 2 Miles
Entries: 7th or 8th Grade Student – Register here MEET ENTRY LINK
Races will be divided by gender and school size classification. Weather conditions may determine the need for races to be combined. Presently the Large school division will be divided by class. Therefore, 4A and 3A size schools will run separately. 2A and 1A classification schools will run in a combined race. Despite running together, there will still be a full slate of separate awards for 2A and 1A.
The IGHSAU and IHSAA high school Cross Country rules will be followed. Medical alert medals should be taped to the body. Watches may be worn and must be Non-GPS types.
Sportsmanship-It is the clear obligation of contestants and coaches in all interscholastic competitions to practice the highest principles of sportsmanship and ethics of competition. The governing organization shall have authority to penalize any contestant or coach in violation of this obligation.
Check the IATC Website for Weather related and competition related notices. http://www.iowarunjumpthrow.com/
The sport of Cross Country is run in all weather conditions and our first and utmost concern is for the welfare and safety of our young athletes and their families.
All divisions will be contested unless Meet Management and IATC Executive Board determine the weather conditions cause a safety concern for the athletes, coaches, parents and fans. If the event is cancelled by Meet Management and IATC Executive Board, there will be no refunds of entry fees.
If the meet is in progress and the weather turns severe, (damaging winds, thunder and lightning) the meet will be stopped. The athletes and their families will be asked to seek shelter in the designated area in the high school building. This is the cafeteria/commons of Ankeny Centennial High School and will be accessible from the entrance nearest the flag pole on the eastern side of the building. Following the passing of the severe weather and the course is deemed safe for competition, the meet will continue.
There is no guarantee of a make-up date for the meet. If the event is cancelled by Meet Management and IATC Executive Board, there will be no refunds of entry fees.
Race Day Information
Check-in: Opens at 9:15 am Saturday, October 13, 2018
All Teams and Athletes are encouraged to check in 90 minutes before your class and grade’s races start. We have added two 10-minute breaks this year, so the schedule is slightly altered.
- NO ENTRIES Will Be Accepted On Race Day.
- All runners will wear a Race Number during the race. Number Pickup will be at the Check-In Table.
- All entries must be SUBMITTED BY On-line Registration by 11:59PM Monday, October 8, 2018.
- ON-LINE ENTRIES OPEN AUGUST 31, 2018 Register Here: MEET ENTRY LINK
- Due to the large number of athletes, we CANNOT allow RACE DAY entries.
$10.00 per runner pre-registration, PAY ON LINE by 11:59PM Monday, October 8, 2018. Those paying by school check may mail via USPS to address below:
512 NE 47th St
Ankeny, Iowa 50021
Make checks payable to: Iowa Association of Track Coaches or IATC. Include team name, grade level, gender and school on check and the names of the athletes the payment is covering on a separate sheet of paper.
Late Fee – $20.00 per runner if PAID ON LINE by 8PM Friday, October 12, 2018. Late entries CANNOT mail their payments as they will not arrive on time. Late entries are only accepted if space is available in the races.
No entries beyond 8PM on Friday. No entries on the day of the race.
Runners who have not paid online or whose check has not arrived will be required to pay the $20.00 late fee prior to receiving their bib numbers on race day.
ONLINE ENTRIES OPEN AUGUST 31 FOR THIS YEAR (2018). Please click here WASHBURN (LINK TO BE ADDED) CLASSIC REGISTRATION for the On-line Registration. We again have removed the multiple links per class/gender and have condensed all registration into a single link. Please be sure to check for correct class, grade, and gender before hitting the DECLARE button. Additions, scratches, and corrections can be e-mailed to Eric Cogdill; (firstname.lastname@example.org) up to the closing date of Monday, October 8 at 11:59pm.
Coaches: All athletes from the same school will be placed into a single packet for pick-up with the exception of:
** non-paid entrees will be held separate in order to collect payment.
** entrants specifically requesting to have their bib number left separate
2018 Race Schedule
RACE SCHEDULE THIS YEAR
11:00 – 7th Grade Class 4A Girls
11:20 – 7th Grade Class 4A Boys
11:40 – 8th Grade Class 4A Girls
12:00 – 8th Grade Class 4A Boys
12:20 – 10-minute break for timing company & meet volunteers – 4A results will be posted online during this break to onlineraceresults.com
12:30 – 7th Grade Class 3A Girls
12:50 – 7th Grade Class 3A Boys
1:10 – 8th Grade Class 3A Girls
1:30 – 8th Grade Class 3A Boys
1:50 – 10-minute break for timing company & meet volunteers – 3A results will be posted online during this break to onlineraceresults.com
Class 2A and 1A will run combined races and will be separated at the chute for Team scoring and medals.
2:00 – 7th Grade Class 2A and 1A Girls
2:20 – 7th Grade Class 2A and 1A Boys
2:40 – 8th Grade Class 2A and 1A Girls
3:00 – 8th Grade Class 2A and 1A Boys
3:20 – 1A & 2A results will be posted online shortly after conclusion of the meet to onlineraceresults.com
Each race will begin approximately every 20 minutes.
Races will NOT start early.
PACKET PICKUP FOR TEAMS AND INDIVIDUALS is strongly recommended at least one and a half hour (90 MIN.) before your class and grade’s scheduled races start.
Unlimited entries per school, all compete for individual awards.
Individual and Team Competition
- Medals to the first 50 individuals in each race.
- Team Champion & Runner Up Award each Class Grade and Gender.
- The Team title is determined by Replacement Scoring, A team’s first 6 finishers count, scoring the top 4 finishers per team.
- 7th grade athletes may race in the 8th grade race for any reason (team points for example), but they will not be competing for 7th grade individual awards and they can only run one race on the day. Under no circumstances can an 8th grader race in the 7th grade division.
- One team per middle school/junior high.
- The middle school season dictates whether or not a team should compete together or separate in the question of high school feeder programs.
- Alpha HS has two middle school buildings, Bravo MS and Charlie MS. Bravo and Charlie have separate coaches and compete separately all fall. They should compete separately at the Washburn Classic.
- Delta HS has two middle school buildings, Echo MS and FoxTrot MS. Echo and FoxTrot compete together as one team all fall. They should compete as one team at the Washburn Classic.
- Sigma HS and Kappa HS have a sharing agreement and compete as Kappa-Sigma at the high school level. Sigma MS and Kappa MS have separate coaches and compete separately all fall. They should compete separately at the Washburn Classic.
- Theta HS and Lambda HS have a sharing agreement and compete as Lambda-Theta at the high school level. Their middle schools also compete together as one team all fall. They should compete as one team at the Washburn Classic.
Washburn Classic Apparel
Washburn Classic apparel will be available for sale at the meet including: t-shirts, drifit shirts, sweatshirts, and stocking caps. Please plan to pay for apparel using cash or checks.
- A Concession Stand will be open at the meet site. Food from the outside will not be allowed into the meet site.
- A trainer will be on site to tend to the athletes.
- Team/Individuals are asked to pick up camps when leaving the meet.
Directions to the Meet