Registration & Information
When: Saturday, October 19, 2019
Where: Ankeny Centennial H. S. Cross Country Course 2220 NW State St, Ankeny, IA 50023
Ankeny Centennial H.S. – $5.00 per car
To relieve parking congestion, we are asking that all 7th grade 4A racers enter the parking lot via the 18th Street entrance south of the school. We also would like our 7th grade 2A/1A racers to enter the parking lot via the 18th Street entrance south of the school. Buses should enter the SW entrance for the building via 18th Street, unload, and then turn around in the circle drive. They should then proceed to leave the parking lot, turn left on 18th Street, left on State Street, then left on 36th Street where they can park at Rock Creek Elementary School (3800 NW Abilene Rd). All other participants should enter parking lots via east entrances along State Street. Directions on how to get to ACHS are included later on this page.
Distance: 2 Miles
Entries: 7th or 8th Grade Students from the state of Iowa only
Races will be divided by gender and school size classification. Weather conditions may determine the need for races to be combined. Presently the Large school division will be divided by class. Therefore, 4A and 3A size schools will run separately. 2A and 1A classification schools will run in a combined race. Despite running together, there will still be a full slate of separate awards for 2A and 1A.
The IGHSAU and IHSAA high school Cross Country rules will be followed. Medical alert medals should be taped to the body. Watches, including GPS may be worn.
Sportsmanship – It is the clear obligation of contestants and coaches in all interscholastic competitions to practice the highest principles of sportsmanship and ethics of competition. The governing organization shall have authority to penalize any contestant or coach in violation of this obligation.
Check the IATC Website for Weather related and competition related notices. https://www.iowarunjumpthrow.com/
The sport of Cross Country is run in all weather conditions and our first and utmost concern is for the welfare and safety of our young athletes and their families.
All divisions will be contested unless Meet Management and IATC Executive Board determine the weather conditions cause a safety concern for the athletes, coaches, parents and fans. If the event is cancelled by Meet Management and IATC Executive Board, there will be no refunds of entry fees. There is no scheduled make-up date for the meet.
If the meet is in progress and the weather turns severe, (damaging winds, thunder and lightning) the meet will be stopped. The athletes and their families will be asked to seek shelter in the designated area at the host site. This is the team locker rooms on the south end of the stadium. Following the passing of the severe weather and if the course is deemed safe for competition, the meet will continue.
Race Day Information
Check-in: Opens at 9:15 am Saturday, October 19, 2019 – there is no need to arrive earlier
All Teams and Athletes are encouraged to check in 75 minutes before your class and grade’s races start. We have added two 10-minute breaks this year, so the schedule is slightly altered.
- All runners will wear a Race Number during the race. Number Pickup will be at the Check-In Table.
- All on-time entries must be submitted by online Registration by 11:59PM Monday, October 14, 2019.
- ONLINE ENTRIES for 2019 are OPEN!! Scroll near bottom of page for registration instructions.
- Due to the large number of athletes, we CANNOT allow RACE DAY entries.
$10.00 per runner pre-registration, paid on-line by 11:59PM Monday, October 14, 2019. Under the new registration system, no personal checks will be accepted. Those paying by school check must contact the meet director at firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate an offline registration.
Late Entry Fee – $20.00 per runner, and must be paid online by 8PM Friday, October 18, 2019. Late entries must be initiated by e-mailing the meet director at email@example.com. Late entries are only accepted if space is available in the races.
No entries after 8PM on Friday, October 18th. No entries on the day of the race.
Please continue to scroll down for registration instructions. We are using the same process as 2018, which differed from years prior.
Packets: Coaches & parents please be aware that all athletes from the same school will be placed into a single packet for pick-up with the exception of:
** non-paid entrees will be held separate in order to collect payment.
** entrants specifically requesting via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to have their bib number left separate
2019 Race Schedule
RACE SCHEDULE THIS YEAR
11:00 – 7th Grade Class 4A Girls
11:20 – 7th Grade Class 4A Boys
11:40 – 8th Grade Class 4A Girls
12:00 – 8th Grade Class 4A Boys
12:20 – 10-minute break for timing company & meet volunteers – 4A results will be posted online during this break to onlineraceresults.com
12:30 – 7th Grade Class 3A Girls
12:50 – 7th Grade Class 3A Boys
1:10 – 8th Grade Class 3A Girls
1:30 – 8th Grade Class 3A Boys
1:50 – 10-minute break for timing company & meet volunteers – 3A results will be posted online during this break to onlineraceresults.com
Class 2A and 1A will run combined races and will be separated at the chute for Team scoring and medals.
2:00 – 7th Grade Class 2A and 1A Girls
2:20 – 7th Grade Class 2A and 1A Boys
2:40 – 8th Grade Class 2A and 1A Girls
3:00 – 8th Grade Class 2A and 1A Boys
3:20 – 1A & 2A results will be posted online shortly after conclusion of the meet to onlineraceresults.com
Each race will begin at approximately the time listed above. Races will NOT start early.
PACKET PICKUP FOR TEAMS AND INDIVIDUALS is strongly recommended at least 75 minutes before your class and grade’s scheduled races start.
Unlimited entries per school, all compete for individual awards.
Individual and Team Competition
- Medals to the first 50 individuals in each race.
- Team Champion & Runner Up Award for each Class, Grade, and Gender.
- The Team title is determined by Replacement Scoring.
- Class 4A only – NEW for 2019 – We are moving to the score 5 runners with the next 2 runners pushing other teams’ scores. This was voted on at the fall 2018 IATC meeting.
- Class 1A – 3A – No change in scoring. We will continue to score the top 4 finishers per team with the next 2 runners pushing other teams’ scores.
- 7th grade athletes may race in the 8th grade race for any reason (team points for example), but they will not be competing for 7th grade individual awards and they can only run one race on the day. Also, still document them as 7th grade. Under no circumstances can an 8th grader race in the 7th grade division. This has occurred before and resulted in team disqualification.
- One team per middle school/junior high.
- The middle school season dictates whether or not a team should compete together or separate.
- Alpha HS has two middle school buildings, Bravo MS and Charlie MS. Bravo and Charlie have separate coaches and compete separately all fall. They should compete separately at the Washburn Classic.
- Delta HS has two middle school buildings, Echo MS and FoxTrot MS. Echo and FoxTrot compete together as one team all fall. They should compete as one team at the Washburn Classic.
- Sigma HS and Kappa HS have a sharing agreement and compete as Kappa-Sigma at the high school level. Sigma MS and Kappa MS have separate coaches and compete separately all fall. They should compete separately at the Washburn Classic.
- Theta HS and Lambda HS have a sharing agreement and compete as Lambda-Theta at the high school level. Their middle schools also compete together as one team all fall. They should compete as one team at the Washburn Classic.
Washburn Classic Apparel
Washburn Classic apparel will be available for sale at the meet including: t-shirts, drifit shirts, sweatshirts, and stocking caps. Please plan to pay for apparel using cash or checks.
Other Items of Note
- A Concession Stand will be open at the meet site. Food from the outside will not be allowed into the meet site.
- A trainer will be on site to tend to the athletes.
- Team/Individuals are asked to pick up camps when leaving the meet.
Directions to the Meet