JUNIOR HIGH BOYS & GIRLS
STATE TRACK & FIELD MEET
Saturday, May 6, 2017
Girls – Ankeny Stadium (Northview Middle School) – 1102 North Ankeny Blvd
Boys – AMES High School Track – 1921 Ames High Drive
No coolers or tents are allowed, per meet management.
9:00 a.m. – Field Events 10:00 a.m. Track Events Begin
NO ENTRIES ACCEPTED AFTER THE CLOSING DATE of MONDAY, MAY 1st @ 11:59 pm.
- Admission will be $7.00 for adults and $5.00 for students.
- Programs will be available for $3.00 while supplies last.
GIRLS Eric Cogdill
For fastest response, use text.
BOYS Eric Cogdill
For fastest response, use text.
We are excited to announce the upcoming State Jr. High Girls & Boys Track & Field Meet and all pertinent information necessary for your athletes to participate. The meet will be contested at Ames High School (Boys) and at Ankeny Stadium (Northview Middle School) for Girls with Field events starting at 9:00 am and running events at 10:00am. Please note all events are contested as finals. The first running event will be the 4 X 800m Relay at 10:00am.Both sites provide outstanding facilities including a new track and jumping surfaces. Both facilities will be timed with the Finish Lynx Systems (Fully Automatic Timing System) this year.
What a great opportunity to promote the sport of track & field to 7th & 8th grade athletes!! Large numbers of participants are expected which would make the conducting of a one day co-ed meet very difficult. We will be using the same entry system as last year and have again extended the closing deadline to ELIMINATE on-site entries. There will be no scratch meeting before the meet begins. THERE WILL BE NO EMERGENCY CHANGES ON MEET DAY. You are encouraged to look at the meet program up on the web Friday morning to be sure that all athletes are registered. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions concerning participating in the meet.
Good luck with your season and we look forward to seeing you and your athletes May 6th,
Eric Cogdill – Boy’s Meet Coordinator & Girl’s Meet Coordinator
General Meet & Participation Instructions
Event Participation & Limitations:
- A complete schedule of events will be contested in 7th & 8th grade divisions. All-Star teams and relays or combined teams from different Jr. Highs, is strictly prohibited. Each athlete must compete for the school which they attend. Please enter your athletes according to the school in which they attend and their appropriate grade. 7th graders may run with eight graders from the same school for relay events but they must run in the eighth grade division, that 7th grade athlete may return to the 7th grade venue to complete in 7th grade individual events.
- Normal junior high rules for events and limitations will be observed. Each competitor may participate in a total of four events of which no more than 3 can be running. This meet does not count toward your season meet limitation.
- The IGHSAU and IHSAA high school Track and Field rules will be followed. Medical alert medals should be taped to the body. Watches may be worn and must be Non-GPS types. If a parent is bringing their child for individual events or a small group that could include relays, it would help ease the process of officiating the meet if they would be allowed to borrow the school issued uniform.
Sportsmanship-It is the clear obligation of contestants and coaches in all interscholastic competitions to practice the highest principles of sportsmanship and ethics of competition. The governing organization shall have authority to penalize any contestant or coach in violation of this obligation.
- Each school may enter a maximum of two entries in each event (including relays) except for the 4 x 100 meter (four entries allowed). Any attempt to compete more than two entries in any other event will cause disqualification of ALL entries in the event and ALL times or distances will be erased from the data base for that school.
- Schools with 2 relays winning top 6 place medals will be allowed to keep the medal but the team points will be shuffled down to the appropriate school.
Keeping safety in mind, athletes will not be allowed to begin warming up for field events until the event official is on hand to direct traffic. Please do not allow your athletes to start their warm-up until the official is on site. We will have the official in place at least 30-45 minutes prior to the event start. For the safety of others, once the event starts warm-up throws are not allowed outside of the official landing sector.
Event Entry Procedures
Event Participation & Limitations:
- On-line Entries Only.
- Every school will make up their own user name and password. This user name and password can used year after year, if you don’t remember last year’s password just make a new one. When you enter your Team Name, you must include if you are in the Large Division (which is 4A or 3A) and Grade (7th or 8th) or Small Division (which is 2A or 1A) and Grade (7th or 8th). If you have a question about what classification you are in consult the http://www.iahsaa.org and click on Track and Field Classification. We will follow the High School Classification for the high school the Junior High Athlete will attend in the future. This information is required in your entry procedure. You must indicate Large or Small School.
(Entries Begin Monday, April 3, 2017 at 7:30 am) — THESE ARE THE OLD LINKS – new ones will be updated by Mar 31
ENTRIES will only be accepted on-line at:
7th Grade Girls Small School Entries Only: http://www.aspimeetz.com/23196
7th Grade Girls Large School Entries Only: http://www.aspimeetz.com/23195
8th Grade Girls Small School Entries Only: http://www.aspimeetz.com/23198
8th Grade Girls Large School Entries Only: http://www.aspimeetz.com/23197
7th Grade Boys Small School Entries Only:http://www.aspimeetz.com/23192
7th Grade Boys Large School Entries Only:http://www.aspimeetz.com/23190
8th Grade Boys Small School Entries Only:http://www.aspimeetz.com/23194
8th Grade Boys Large School Entries Only: http://www.aspimeetz.com/23193
- Make sure you delete the athletes that are not competing. When you sign in to the Aspi Entry Site your past roster may be automatically imported. Make sure you check under “MY ENTRIES” and delete last years’ 8th grade athletes and update your roster or you will be charged for everyone on your roster. We will allow payment online this year using a credit card. Payment must be made online or send via US post by the Due Date or you athletes will not be seeded.
- Make sure you are on the correct entry site for the correct grade and gender. Do Not enter your complete 7th and 8th grade teams on one site. 7th graders on 7th grade site and 8th graders on 8th grade site with the exception of 7th graders that are moving up to complete an 8th grade relay team.
- Team name should include: Team name and grade number, such as, Woodbine 7 small, abbreviation: Wdb7, Marshalltown 8 large, Mlt8.
- Initially fill in the “Sign Up” on the left side of the screen. Future visits to the website to update your entries, use the “Log In” on the right side of the screen. Always remember to save any new updated information by clicking the “Save Without Declaring” button.
- Use the “Save Without Declaring” button up to the point until you have all entry information completed. You must “Declare” your entry by the Closing Date of Monday, May 1, 2017 at 11:59 pm. As has been the policy of recent years, the closing date is much closer to the event to allow for adequate preparation. And, again, there are no entries the day of the meet.
- This year you will be able and required to enter the names of the relay athletes. You will do this from a drop down menu on the relay page. Each athlete must be included in your initial team roster to have their names included in the list on the drop down menu.
Please do not be intimidated by this process. The really nice thing about this system is that coaches have complete control of their entries up to the final declaration date. If you have problems do not hesitate to call the Meet Coordinator.
Please scratch your entries prior to the deadline so we can create full competitive heats, sections and flights. There will be no scratch meeting at the site. You can make new entries, change entries, update seed performances or scratch athletes/events until the final declaration date. Entries will be automatically seeded in appropriate flights, heats and sections once entry fees are received. NO CHANGES ON THE DAY OF THE MEET.
You are encouraged to look at the meet program up on the web Friday morning to be sure that all athletes are registered. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions concerning participating in the meet. Contact Eric Cogdill.
- The entry page will open Monday, April 3, 2017 at 7:30 am.
- Final Declaration will be Monday May 1, 2017 at 11:59 pm.
- Entry Fees are Due Monday, May 1st, 2017.
Every person participating (including relays only) must be entered.
Don’t forget your alternates for relays. Seed times/performances should be included for all events. Please use performances that the athletes have achieved and not what you think they can achieve. This will help make sure that all heats are seeded as fairly and as accurately as possible. All entries without performances will be assigned to slower sections after all others have been seeded. Please follow the recommended formats for entering seed performances as indicated by the examples listed on the right hand side of each seed entry box.
Red boxes around seed performances indicates a bad format that needs to be fixed.