It is hard to believe that it has been nearly six years since starting this journey as an officer with the IATC. There are so many working parts to this organization and so many people that do thankless work at the forefront and behind the scenes to keep this organization moving full steam ahead. I am proud and amazed with what we have been able to accomplish to this point but especially, the last two years in the IATC.
A few bullet points for what the IATC membership has recently provided:
- Iowa Coaching Education/Strategic Partnerships
- Altis – Coaching App resource, support for travel
- Championship Productions – Coaching App resources
- Trackwired – online coaching programs
- Glazier Clinics – clinic discounts online resources
- USTFCCCA – membership, magazine resources
Iowa Athlete Experience Enhancements
- Senior All-Star Track Meet Changes to Iowa City that includes the State Pentathlon
- IATC Indoor Championships hosted by University of Dubuque
- New Balance Outdoor Nationals – Providing Financial Support for Student Athletes
- New Logo and Branding packages – Tents, banners, marketing materials
- IATC “Exchange Zone” Podcast
I am also proud to announce that the hard work from Rob Hammann of Pella has paid off. We have electronic billing and invoicing. Every school’s athletic director received an invoice just this past week for their membership dues for the IATC. If your AD missed them, you can go to the IATC website and pay your membership dues online at www.iowarunjumpthrow.com/
I am confident in the leadership of Jared Fletcher of Carlisle and Greg Williams from Monticello moving forward. That being said, please strongly consider becoming more active within the organization. We will be looking for a new 2nd Vice President to be elected in December at the Championship Productions Track & Field clinic in Ames. We will also be looking for a new Secretary/Treasurer as Ben Duea is stepping down. There are also several committees that could use your help from Cross Country Rankings to All-Star Meet events.
From the bottom of my heart, Thank you all! for your time, effort and passion for Track & Field and Cross Country. The coaches and athletes in the state are in a great place directly from what we have here in Iowa. It has been special for me to lead such a passionate group of coaches these last couple of years.
Best of luck and health to you and your teams this Fall Cross Country season,
Head Boys and Girls
Track & Field and Cross Country Coach
Davenport Assumption High School